Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion (motherbaord M2N68-LA) the computer has been upgraded to windows 10 and has been working fine but something happened and I have no network access. Under Control Panel/ Network Connection I have a grayed out icon for "Boardband Connection"  and a "Local Area Connection" that says "network cable unplugged." Pluggin in an eathernet cable has no affect.

I've also checked under Device Manager and there are no warning or errors.

Normally I would check and updated the motherbaord drivers but the original drivers for this model PC are only supported up to Windows 7.  

I'm not sure what check next. Please help me trouble shoot what I need to do to re-connect my desktop to my network.

Thank you,

_Asher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @AsherE,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  I understand that you are having  trouble with any type of network connection to your computer. I am happy to help with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

When you plug in an Ethernet cable, is there a link light on the LAN adapter and/or activity light flashing?

Have you tried a different port on the router?

Are other devices able to connect to your router using that cabled connection or the wirless connection?

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

Did you power cycle the router?

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

well, I tried everything on this page Common Fixes for Wireless Conectivity Issues: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Common-Fixes-for-Wireless-Connectivity-...

That didn't seem to make any difference. I still can't get any connectivity, wired or wirelessly.

HP Recommended

Hi there @AsherE,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  I understand that you are having  trouble with any type of network connection to your computer. I am happy to help with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

When you plug in an Ethernet cable, is there a link light on the LAN adapter and/or activity light flashing?

Have you tried a different port on the router?

Are other devices able to connect to your router using that cabled connection or the wirless connection?

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

Did you power cycle the router?

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for replys.  It turned out that my router was the problem all along. For some reason, the same day that I plugged in the HP Pavilion to trouble shoot it, my eathernet ports stopped working. I was able to test the computer on a new router and it worked.

But thank you for your support!

HP Recommended

Hi @AsherE

Glad to know it's working!

If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.