Cneedham74
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavillion 23-q055na (All in One) on Windows 10 can't connect to wifi network

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 23-q055na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following an update the all in one can't connect to the wifi network. There is no problem with my broadband wifi as my  other Apple devices all connect fine.

i have uninstalled the latest update ( Microsoft windows security update) but that has still not resolved.

Previous posts suggest to restart the router but think it's built in on this model and no instructions on the Hp support site as to how to do this for an all in one

hp network diagnostics says the possible root cause is "this computer is experiencing a network connectivity problem"

where shoukd I start? 

2 REPLIES 2
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

If the problem is localised to a W10 machine and the result of a recent update.

A possible cause/reason is because the Firewall has had changes made to it in the background, and you are not getting out to the Router to be issued with an IP address by the DHCP part.

This also means a Fixed IP will probably fail similarly.

Possible solution....

Windows Defender Security Centre;

Restore Firewall to Default;

Then running the Network Troubleshooter.

0 Kudos
Cneedham74
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for your time to respond.

The option to restore firewalls to default is greyed our and can’t be selected.

I’ve had a nosey around that section and it says that Windows Defendet Firewall is not active because I’m using McAfee as a provider.

But the issues arise after the Microsoft Security update. I may do a system restore to before the update to see if it’s that.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation