Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Ever since I used my laptop away from home, when I try to connect my printer to wifi, it bumps my envy notebook OFF of wifi. Can't get the printer to connect at all. My husband has printed from his laptop successfully. Any ideas? I used the set up CD for the printer again to see if that would correct it, but that didn't work. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GeriKirk

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor program and that should take care of it. 

You could also download and install the drivers for the printer from this link: www.123.hp.com

Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@GeriKirk

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy notebook series connected wirelessly to your HP Photosmart 7525 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that you used the laptop away from home and since then the printer does not print from your laptop. The printer works fine from your husband's laptop though. You have tried to use the disk for the printer to set it up and the issue still persists. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

If the printer works fine from another laptop then it indicates that the printer is well connected to the network. The evidence indicates towards your HP Envy laptop. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

If the issue still persists then I suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The below steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this link: www.123.hp.com

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

The second option worked for one printing, but then the laptop was no longer connected to wifi, so I had to reconnect to wifi and then connect printer to wifi for a second printing. So we are back to the original problem, I'm afraid. 

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

HP Recommended

P.S. After reconnecting laptop to wifi, I tried to connect printer and it wouldn't and then it bumped off the laptop from wifi. Same vicious cycle, I'm afraid.

HP Recommended

@GeriKirk

Not to worry, let's have the printer manually connected to the wireless network:

• From the Wireless menu on the printer, touch Settings.

• Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Once it is confirmed that the printer is connected to the network, re-run the printer software on the computer. 

If the printer loses connection or cannot be found over the network then let us assign a manual IP address to the printer: (Source: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080)

• Touch the wireless icon on the printer to obtain the printer's IP address. Type the printer's IP address into the address bar of your web browser. 
  • From a computer connected to your network, find the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server (EWS) on the report and enter the URL into your Internet browser. If the webpage appears blank, use a different Internet browser.
  • Click the Network or Networking tab, and then open the section or page for your network type: wired or wireless.

• Click Manual IP.

• If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.

• If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Figure : Example of setting up a Manual IP configuration

Embedded Web Server on Network page with Manual IP selected

• Write these new numbers on a piece of paper. You might need to use them later when adding a second printer device.

• Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.

Hope this works out. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I re-connected the printer to wifi via the printer itself. I'm confused as what I should do next. From the "programs' option under control panel, I see the following HP-related options (from 2015):

HP photosmart 7520 series basic device softward

HP photosmart 7520 seires proudct improvement St....

HP photosmart 7520 series help

Is/are these something I should delete for the 2nd part of your instructions? thanks.

HP Recommended

@GeriKirk

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor program and that should take care of it. 

You could also download and install the drivers for the printer from this link: www.123.hp.com

Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

thanks. I've done the scan doctor 3x now. I've also installed the drivers more than once (from your previous suggestions). during the scan doctor, the printer will print a test print and then when i try to print again outside of the dr program, it won't print and the printer shows "open" but not connected. any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Suddenly, the printer is working! I did run the HP printer assistant, just bc I saw it sitting on my desktop and gave it a whirl. Thanks for your patience, expertise and advice and (not giving up on me)!

HP Recommended

@GeriKirk

You're welcome.

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. I must say that technical solutions can only be provided. But it was you who implemented them to perfection. 

Happy Printing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.