Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Can I connect an HP 17" Laptop to this Desktop and run this Desktop from a 17" laptop, that only has WIN 10 HOME edition, instead of WIN 10 PRO like this Desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NYGABE

You're welcome and thanks for the detailed information. 🙂 Such information helps us to understand you query better. If you want to view and access the files from one computer to the other and vice versa, then could try a to create a homegroup on a local network. You may refer to the steps for "Creating a homegroup on a local network" and "Sharing drives, folders, and files on a local network" from this link: http://hp.care/2gZBAaH

These solutions are explained in detail in the above document link. I also checked and could not find the least HP  Linkup Viewer Software for Win10. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks for taking the time to respond. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@NYGABE

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and understand that you have an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1070t desktop PC. I read that you would like to know if you can connect an HP laptop to this desktop and run this desktop from the laptop. 

I would like to inform you that from your laptop you will not be able to control or use your desktop PC. The reason is because both these computers have a different motherboard and CPU. It is technically not possible to use these machines like this. Hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hello, Kazi,

I want to rephrase my question, as I am not sure, from your answer, if what I'm asking has been conveyed correctly.

I am not talking about or asking about "connecting" the two via an ethernet cable.  I am asking about "viewing and accessing" the files and folders located on the HP Pavilion, from the HP Laptop, either using (1) The HP  Link-up Viewer Software, or (2) Through software over the internet (or such as through any Browsers), or (3) Through any software over a WiFi Connection?   Unfortunately for me, I am not at all savy on setting-up/using Wifi "connections", so if this 3rd option is possible, that is something I'm prepared to learn A.S.A.P.

I'm not sure what the effect of two different types of Motherboards and or two different types of CPU chips have on such "connections".  I'm sorry maybe my use of the word "connection" is not the correct way of stating what I want to do.  I want to be able to "view and access" and maybe "copy and paste", and "exchange information" between the two computers.  Thank-you, Kazi, for any help and/or assisstance you can give me or direct me to. 

HP Recommended

@NYGABE

You're welcome and thanks for the detailed information. 🙂 Such information helps us to understand you query better. If you want to view and access the files from one computer to the other and vice versa, then could try a to create a homegroup on a local network. You may refer to the steps for "Creating a homegroup on a local network" and "Sharing drives, folders, and files on a local network" from this link: http://hp.care/2gZBAaH

These solutions are explained in detail in the above document link. I also checked and could not find the least HP  Linkup Viewer Software for Win10. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks for taking the time to respond. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi,

Thank-you for your response.  I've briefly checked/skimmed through the information in the link you sent and it looks like this is the answer as to what I need to do.  It looks (to me), somewhat daunting and complex, but I think I can do it.  Since it is going to take me some time to do this, (due to my health issues), I am going to accept this as the solution, so as not to keep this thread open "indefinitly".  However, I hope it will be ok for me to re-contact you, if I run into any further problems while implementing this solution.  Thank-you.

And Thank-you, Kazi,  for the information about the HP  Linkup Viewer Software, not being available for Win10.  That explains why, since I upgraded to WIN 10, some of the pre-installed HP Software, is now blocked by WIN 10, from being implemented and or running.  I had not tried to use the HP Linkup Viewer Software  yet, but some of the other HP Software Links, from my WIN 7 PC, are still in/on my Taskbar, but when I click on them, they either do nothing, or I get a message from WIN 10, that it is not allowed.  Thanks for the heads-up on this.  Do you know if it is okay for me to try to remove the HP Linkup Viewer Software?  I think/believe I should be able to remove it from/with the Control Panel Uninstall or Change a Prorgram Function.  

HP Recommended

@NYGABE

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you want to remove the HP Link up and here's everything you need to know about it: Click here

And about removing it, your information is precise, that's exactly how you can remove it and yes, there shouldn't be any issues in removing it either.

For more details on how to remove it: Click here

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.