Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just bought HP Envy 7645.  Followed directions for installing software and all was fine until notice that network connection failed.  It is wireless, the wireless light is working and test sheet for printer cartridges came out fine, congratulations page printed with email address and claim code, but when I ran software I can't connect to the network so I can print!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@docmarty12

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the network connection failed error has appeared and now the printer doesn't work on a network connection,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to download the latest drivers or update the software? Click here to visit the HP website

Have you checked the HP website for any available patch to resolve this issue?

Which OS are you using with the printer?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If your computer uses Windows 10, download and installs a patch from HP to resolve the wireless install issue. If your computer does not have Windows 10, skip to the next step.

1. Download and run hpprinterinstallassistant.exe. When you click the link, the patch downloads using your Internet browser's download feature.

2. Double-click the download to run the patch.

Tool to fix HP printer driver GDP file date issue window displays.

3. Click Identify Problem.

• If a problem is found, click OK, click Fix Problem, and then click OK after the issue is fixed.

• If a problem is not found, click OK, and then continue to the next step.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS. (Skip to Step 3)

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.