1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hotspot doesn't work

HP Recommended
P Pro Book 430 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello dear community, 

on my HP Pro Book 430 G2 which runs on Windows 10 pro I have been trying to set up a hotspot to connect my phone. The computer receives internet via LAN cable.

My phone receives the network of the computer, but it doesn't get access to the internet. After trying to connect unseccessfully, the phone says: IP configuration error. What can I do to share internet via hotspot with my phone

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

If the error message is accurate, then I would look at the IP addresses involved.

I run ipconfig -all to get my details.Getmac All.png

And you need the local IP address from the DHCP client.

So if you can check the phone IP address against your PC one and see if the have the same SubNet Mask and IP range.

255.255.255.0    192.168.0.xxx

Then for your PC to connect ot will want a set of values to match the Ethernet ones.

Can you please post the values for your

Phone HotSpot

Ethernet

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation