Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-12-2017 06:41 PM
Nothing finds the printer and the message I get is "capabilities are disabled". When I click on printer settings says same message. Bluetooth doesnt find it.
It was working find until I clicked on the wrong thing in settings and now I can't open settings.
Driver version 2.0 shows
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-13-2017 04:43 PM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g. I read that the printer no longer communicates with your Mac computer. The printer is not found and a message appears saying "capabilities are disabled".
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Is the printer connected via USB or to a network? If the printer is connected via a network then please check if it prints fine from other devices.
Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the issue still persists then please reset the printing system in Mac.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know.Good luck! 🙂
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community