Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I bought a Wifi Adapter for my HP Omen desktop computer because the built in one wasn't getting a good signal from my router. Now I need to turn off the built in one so the new one will work without interference. Could someone please explain to me how to determine which Network adapter I need to turn off? I have 10 listed:

1) Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller

2) Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCle Adapter

3) WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

4) WAN Miniport (IP)

5) WAN Miniport (IPv6)

6) WAN Miniport (L2TP)

7) WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

😎 WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

9) WAN Miniport (PPTP)

10) WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@msteacher 

You simply go to Device Manager then disable the one you don't need. I actually use BOTH  and machine should be smart enough to use the good one

2netsx.png

As you can see, my machine has 2 adapter and they connect to my router at the same time but any work it will use the better one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@msteacher 

You simply go to Device Manager then disable the one you don't need. I actually use BOTH  and machine should be smart enough to use the good one

2netsx.png

As you can see, my machine has 2 adapter and they connect to my router at the same time but any work it will use the better one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.