Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp omen obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchase an all in one desktop from HP, the HP pavilion all in one 23.8. And when i ran the game i found every few second or mins there will be a ping spikes and lag. I did CMD and ran a ping test and found the ping spikes every 20-30 seconds that jump my ping from 20ms normally to 1000-2000ms. The funny thing is after i found the issue i returned the desktop because i tho its the hardware problems. Then i got a HP desktop with an monitor. Both HP products. Somehow i still have the same problems. The wifi speed is not bad at all with 100mbps download. Then finally after i tried EVERYTHING that internet told me to. Watched hundreds of youtube videoes still no fix. Then i returned this PC again. Bought a Omen Obelisk gaming Pc. Very high end gaming pc. And guess what the problem still occurs. But better than beofore. Now the ping spikes occur every couple of mins. I dont know what todo. So i ran a ping test for my old laptop it was perfectly fine. Also ran a ping test on my surface 4 tablet its fine too. Used my other samsung laptop ran the ping test its normal too. Then i found that all 3 HP products i had all have the same wireless adaptor driver with is the Realtek 802 driver. Can this be the problem for the ping spike? Can i change my driver to a different one maybe it be good? Pls help me i cant play any games with this ping issue

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@YoungShredder
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Windows 10 basically uses a peer2peer system for other users to download updates. Your computer becomes a download location for others to download their update. Lag spikes in games could appear even if you have good internet. 
To turn this setting off: Go to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced options>Choose how updates are delivered>Updates from more than one place = Off.

And, also Turn off one-drive.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Product name : OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx

Product number : 4NN43AA#ABA

thanks for the suggestion but i tried that before too and it did not work as well.

i spend couple of days looking thr internet tryna find a soultion but non of them works. i tried from easy as changing the dns to something like changing chanels and windows advanced setting. im pretty sure the Realtek wireless connection driver is the problem of this ping spikes. i never had any problems with my laptops and surface tablet. the recent 3 desktops i had all have the same realtek driver and they ALL have the same issue. i tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall it still doesnt work. i wonder if i can change to a diferent wifi driver instead the one comes with the pc.

ps: the wifi drivers name: Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCle Adaptor 

HP Recommended

@YoungShredder

Thank you for posting back. Apologize for the inconvenience caused

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.