Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-----------
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp genuine cartridge breaks printer

HP Recommended

I have an office jet 6700 premium printer. I use only genuine hp printer ink cartridges. I do not have a home business so printer is used fairly lightly. Recently I got an error msg about a missing print head. After turning printer off n on several times as instructed by error msg, I popped out the cartridges. The yellow one was leaking, leaving a small bit inside the printer. The small bit is yellow and looks thin like tape inside the printer. I contacted hp and today n told them info above n was asked was my printer hooked up to an apple product or windows, ?? Really When did I buy the cartridge , this year, when did I buy the printer , wasn't sure. What color cartridge broke inside printer. ,ok  again...yellow. Does it matter the color. Was it genuine, again I answer yes . All  questions with an attempt, it seems to me, to find me at fault. In some way. Then I'm told the printer must have been purchased in 2013  n I have to buy another so they will upgrade me for a cost of 180-200 dollars to a new printer which I can do myself at Costco. My question to you is why should I purchase another hp printer and if I do why should I even consider buying genuine hp print cartridges instead of refilled since you don't stand behind them anyway. These are geninue questions from a long tine hp customer who is somewhat disgusted by this experience.  Sandy Roloff

1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards

Mr.Robot

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation