cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gr8grasshopper
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp insta ink shut down my printer because my debit card expired!! Don't do instaink!

HP Recommended
HP Printer

Are you kidding me HP shut down my printer until I updated my instaink payment info. Has this happened to anyone else? I am going to end my subscriptin just for the principal of it. I had some very important documents to print and I had to go to Kinkos because I couldn't remember my login info, and it was time sensitive situation. I will be telling eveyone I know about this so they can avoid this problem. It seems way overboard to me that a company can remotely shut down your bought and payed for device just becasue they want your payment info for the next charge. It is a bit like the ransom ware that people are using.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 662
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @gr8grasshopper

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation