Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UnhappyUser77 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get a window error message: A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network.

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t CTO Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

"I get this error: A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network.  The IP address of the computer that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to see which name is in the Conflict state."

I think this is because the Wifi and the LAN NIC are on the same subnet and same PC but have 2 different IP addresses.

How do I fix this?   Shouldn't the PC be preconfigured so that the LAN and the Wifi are bonded? Or teamed?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Tutor PC_bam Tutor
Tutor
17 17 0 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get a window error message: A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network.

Suggest to disable the "Netbios over TCP/IP" from the LAN adapter properties in Control panel

You may refer the steps here https://learningintheopen.org/2014/04/17/27930/ 

cheers

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP. Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation