cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrJZ
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I got instant ink, was charged for 2 years and still can't use my printer!

HP Recommended
HP Instant ink program on Envy 4520

Instant ink,

I filed a complaint before about this terible servivce called instant ink. I was under the impression that I would receive ink when I ran low - now after 2 years I have not recieved any ink, had to purchase black ink on my won, and my printer is highjacked by instant ink at this point because I (was finally able to get ahold of someone at CS after weeks of attempting to reach a live huiman being). am now off the service. However, the ink in there is STILL telling me I am not able to use it because it is "instant ink 'product". I've bought new color and black cartrigaes and was told my instant ink support they would send me new ink about 4 weeks ago, and have not received it. 

This printer I bought new from the store is sitting besies my comupter, unable to be used. Your company is running a sham and I want a refund on this printer.

Please contact me ASAP and resolved this issue. 

Jack 

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DrJZ,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I see from your post that you are having issues related to HP Instant Ink. Don't worry we'll work together to help you resolve this issue.

Let's address your issue one by one.

Answering to your question regarding receiving ink - No, you will only get cartridges when your printer tells us you need them. HP Instant Ink cartridges are extra high capacity, and they contain months-worth of ink depending on your usage. You can print as much as you want as long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink. 

HP will send you replacement cartridges before you run out of ink. When your enrolled printer is connected to the Internet, your printer automatically orders ink for you because it knows when you are low on ink. Your printer orders ink when your cartridges have enough ink to print twice the number of average pages included in your monthly plan. 

As you have mentioned in your post that you have gone ahead and purchased regular black ink cartridges and still having issues when printing, In this scenario, I would suggest you try to do a hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Now, try to print. If the issue persists, I would suggest you try to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Fixing Print Quality Problems (Though the header is different but this document covers the steps for color or black not printing). 

Alternatively, regarding the Instant ink cartridges not been delivered, don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation