cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stan5121
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I have a HP Pavilon all-in-one computer (Monitor) can I add another computer to share this monitor?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilon all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilon all-in-one computer (Monitor) can I add another computer to share this monitor? Will a KVM switch work?

2 REPLIES 2
Jash
Level 3
Level 3
44 44 0 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Helo, 

Make sure the computer has at least two video connections: one for the main monitor, and one for the secondary monitor or TV. Many HP and Compaq Desktop computers come equipped with two video connections.

Please visit the following link for more info:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04641829

Hope this helps

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
***Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP***

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Stan5121
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The display ports available on the All-in-one computer are only Display OUT ports. They do not work as a display IN. If you want you can connect another monitor to your All-in-one computer using the HDMI port available. However, you cannot use the All-in-one computer as a monitor.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation