Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I needed to use a software that require internet connection and VPN.

When I successfully connected to internet, I accessed VPN and connected.

But immediately after VPN succesfully connected, the internet gets disconnected.

Hence, I googled and followed the solutions I found online (like a dumbass).

I managed to rewrite my IP address, subnet, DNS, default gateway wrongly (because I'm an amateur who has no clue what I'm doing).

The problem and my stubborness at trying to fix it persisted, resulting in these 2 issues.

1) VPN and internet connection - for internet to be connected, VPN has to be disconnected; when VPN is connected, internet gets automatically disconnected (network remains connected, but with no internet access)

2) Right now, all my networks no longer have a specific/default IP address that is displayed under the network's properties > IPv4's Properties, but instead is 'obtain an IP address automatically'. Which might have triggered the disabling of DHCP. (I've enabled it individually for all the networks I have been using.)

Please advise this moron.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Zyvenx

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Setting up and using a VPN can be very complicated and you really need to contact the support site for the VPN product you are using, as the settings are specific to each VPN product.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Zyvenx

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Setting up and using a VPN can be very complicated and you really need to contact the support site for the VPN product you are using, as the settings are specific to each VPN product.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Alright, thank you very much! I'll contact my VPN provider tomorrow. 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.