chile1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

IP Conflict

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have this printer installed as a network printor on 2 desktop machines.  Machine A is Windows 10 Pro. Machine B is Windows 7 Pro.  I am getting an error message saying I have an IP Address Conflict and the MAC address of the hardware matches this printer.  I have read that if I change the IP address of the printer it won't connect to my local home network, so I haven't changed anything at this point.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can reslove the issue

4 REPLIES 4
shineyhawkz
Level 4
104 100 7 10
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Chile1 ,

Welcome to the community forums!

It seems that one or more devices has the same IP address assigned.  To check the IP addresses of your computers if you boot up into windows and click "start" and type "cmd" then type "ipconfig" , Under IPV4 it should read something like 192.168.x.x .  if both machines have the same IP then they will need to have a new ip set on one of the machines. 

Also check the ip of your printer , todo this consult the documentation of your printer manufacturer.

The quickest way to resolve this is to connect to your router and set the networke settings to "Dynamic" which will enable all devices on the network to have different ip addresses.

Another quick fix is to turn off all devices and router , then boot the router and turn on devices one at a time enabling the router to dynamically assign devices new ip addresses.

Let me know how you get on and I will assist where possible.

thanks,

Shineyhawkz

IT Technician

0 Kudos
chile1
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the input.  I've checked the IP's of the machines-they're different.  As the printer, it's IP is obviously the same, no matter....., etc.  I'l try working withe router as you suggest and see what happens with that.  I'll report back later-other more pressing issues at the moment.

0 Kudos
shineyhawkz
Level 4
104 100 7 10
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No worries!

as mentioned your best bet is to connect to your router and view its settings internally.

just reply to this when you get round to testing it and I will assist where possible.

thanks,

shineyhawkz

0 Kudos
chile1
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't see the option on this post to consider the issue resolved, but I consider it so.  It took other steps to resolve it, but as far as I know the problem has been resolved.  No furter responses are necessary as far as I am concerned.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation