Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 550-177C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay! So recently I've gone about upgrading my old HP Pavillion 550-177C. I installed a new Corsair case. An Insignia 450 watt power supply, a Nvidia Geforce 1050TI graphics card and I recently bought a new hard drive as well since my last one broke in the instillation process. The only thing left from the original PC that I'm using in my new build is the Odense Pegatron motherboard. It's been a long hard road getting it to work, from it initially not powering on, to trying to figure out why I couldn't boot a copy of windows on it, and now I'm on the final hurdle. All I need to do is get an internet connection and I'm gold! I've gone and found the model of my computer and downloaded the drivers, including the network drivers yet for some reason I can't connect to the internet. Whenever I open the internet UI in the bottom right of my screen no routers come up. I've reinstalled the drivers twice, organizing them and making dead certain that I have all of 'em, but it refuses to work. My PC builder friends are stumped and I am too. Everything appears to be in working order, it's just not working. Any sort of insight onto this problem would be much appreciated, and if there's anymore information I can provide to make it easier just ask. Thank y'all in advance for the help!

Edit: 

I saw people typing ip/config into their command prompts so I figured I'd do the same.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-K2NFI9B
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 74-85-2A-1F-DD-EC
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : DC-53-60-22-C9-A5

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : DC-53-60-22-C9-A6

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : DE-53-60-22-C9-A5

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : DC-53-60-22-C9-A9

I saw that there was the whole 'media disconnected' thing and I took the liberty of Googling that issue but I haven't found anythin' so far that's fixed it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DresdenBBQ I must inform as an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed in HP articles are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion, that said, considering you've made major hardware changes, my support can be very limited, also, you've changed the motherboard so, did you try contacting them for support?

Meanwhile, I suggest you perform the below steps:

1] Power-cycle the modem, router, and computer

Power-cycle the modem using the following steps:

1. Connect the modem, router and the computer hard-wired. Switch off all 3.
  2. Power on the modem. Wait for 30 seconds.
  3. Power on the router. Wait for 30 seconds.
  4. Power on the computer.

Check if this resolves the issue. The purpose behind power cycling is to make sure that memory in each of the three network devices is refreshed.

2] Reset Winsock, TCP/IP & Flush DNS

You can do the following manually – Reset WinsockReset TCP/IP & Flush DNS cache.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD Followed by the steps mentioned here

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Are there any antennas connected to the wifi adapter? Did you move the antennas over from the old case? Or does the new case come with antennas? If windows / device manager see the AC3165 card and is happy with it (which seems the case after your ipconfig) BUT no available wifi SSID's are showing up, then it sounds like the card is not picking up on any signals, which it won't if no antennas are connected. If you have no antennas in the new case, then you can move the old ones over and stick them in place inside the case, or you can buy a PCIe wifi card with a blank slot and put your wifi card in and use the screw-in antnnas supplied.

Here's an example: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/M-2-NGFF-to-Wireless-Wifi-Network-PCI-Express-Adapter-Card/143298271896?...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.