Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with connecting Intel® 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe NIC (N0S95AA) link found here.

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/V2/GetPDF.aspx/c05105339

My question is where do I connect the connector on the motherboard as I can not find a 6 pin connector with pin 5 blanked out.

Thank you for helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I found the cable you need but it comes with an unnecessary part.  Less than 5 quid.

Motherboard 9Pin USB Header to 2 Male Adapter Card USB2.0 9Pin to Dual 9Pin X1P1 194912622105 | eBay

I have had no luck finding anything else for your location in the UK.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are referring to the device on page 30 of the document you posted, this looks like the 9-pin USB connector where the one end goes, and the other end plugs into to the back of the Wifi card.

Blue connector on the motherboard, next to the blue arrow I crudely drew on the left.

s-l1600_LI.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the 10 pin connector plugs in to the wifi card and the 6 pin connector plugs on to the motherboard.

As of yet I can not find a place to plug it as pin 5 is blocked off. Normally a USB plug would have 5 female connectors to slid over the 4 male pins as you know. This has 6 pins and that is where I have the issue. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have the same HP design, except with the 7265 AC card and my USB cable is identical on both ends.

5 pins in one row and 4 pins on the second row.

I wonder if they sent you the wrong cable?

HP Recommended

Lol Its due to Covid I would assume! 

I will see if I can track down the correct cable.

Thank you once again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I found the cable you need but it comes with an unnecessary part.  Less than 5 quid.

Motherboard 9Pin USB Header to 2 Male Adapter Card USB2.0 9Pin to Dual 9Pin X1P1 194912622105 | eBay

I have had no luck finding anything else for your location in the UK.

HP Recommended

Thank you once again.

Part ordered and a while to wait. Should get it before lock down ends with a little luck! 

So good of you to find the part for me. 

I truly am thankful for your help.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.