Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 580-023w Intel Dual Band Wireless-ac 3168
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have an HP pavilion gaming and computer that originally had a 300W power supply. I recently just upgraded it to a 500W power supply and everything is working fine but the wireless adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168). After the replacement it just stop working and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work again. Any help would be appreciated if there is any thing I need to do please feel free to inform me.

PS: Computer is on one side of the house away from ethernet cables so I am using my mobile device and to communicate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Most likely you disconnected the thin and delicate antenna cables from the wifi card, so it has no reception.

So, hunt around inside the case for two loose antenna wires, and the wifi card is lying flat on the motherboard.

Reconnect the antenna cables to the wifi card, and you should be back in business.

Here is a link that shows a picture of the wifi card.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3168-brief.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Most likely you disconnected the thin and delicate antenna cables from the wifi card, so it has no reception.

So, hunt around inside the case for two loose antenna wires, and the wifi card is lying flat on the motherboard.

Reconnect the antenna cables to the wifi card, and you should be back in business.

Here is a link that shows a picture of the wifi card.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3168-brief.html

HP Recommended

This was exactly my issue, just needed to reconnect the two wires back onto the wireless card. This is why I love the community!

thank you very much for your knowledge!

HP Recommended

Youre very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.