Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini Gen3 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community/Support,

I have bought a wireless card Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160Mhz NGWG vPro for my HP Z2 Mini Gen3 Workstation. The card fits in the WLAN slot on the motherboard.

However the Wireless and Bluehtooth are not working.

My OS is Windows 10 the card does get recognized and installed with default drivers in the device manger. Offcourse I updated them to the latest versions.

What have I done as in troubleshooting:

1. Reseated the card. (card got detected again, but stil did not work)
  2. Installed latest drivers for Wi-Fi Card (intel website, did not work)
  3. Installed latest drivers for Bluethooth (Intel website, did not work)
  4. Changed Wi-Fi card properties to 802.n or b/g. (did not work, even after reboot)
  5. Installed latest version of BIOS for my desktop (HP website)
  6. Installed all latest Intel chipset drivers for my desktop (HP website)
  7. Tried two different Wi-Fi routers I have to connect. WLAN card does not see any of these under search available networks
  8. Added wi-fi network manually in windows 10. This did also not work.
  9. Checked processor for vPro support and the i7 Intel 6700 processor I have does support it.
  10. Checked BIOS and all enhanced options are on for this.
  11. For Bluethooth tried to pair different devices. For example I have 2 laptops HP and Dell the speaker JBL charge 2+ works. But on the desktop it does not even find the speaker when it is set to pairing mode. Even my samsung S10 is not recognized to pair or send/recieve files through bluethooth. Also my Logitech MX Keys Wireless Keyboard and MX 3 master mouse can not pair. Strange thing is that it will see the MX Keys , but fails to pair. The MX3 Mouse does not show up at all when trying to find.

Did I forget any troubleshooting steps?

• I have the feeling this card should work on this Intel Motherboard of the HP Z2 Mini Gen 3. However on the HP website for the HP Z2 Mini G3 specs only mentioned the card " Intel 8265 Wireless LAN (802.11ac) and Bluetooth 4.2 Module" Can somebody of HP please tell me this card should work on my desktop or not?
  • Does this wi-fi card require antennas to transmit/recieve? Or has the card internal antennas? If yes, are there any antennas specially for the HP Z2 as it does not have any back
  • Is it possible that the card I got is just broken?

I have a bunch of screenshots if needed.

Here are my references used for drivers installed and specs etc.INTEL Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160 MHZ M.2 vPro 

Much Appreciated,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found the solution. I need antennas. When I put my JBL charge on the desktop and search for bluethooth devices it will find it. I am able to connect and pair. But when moving the speaker even 30 cm it will disconnect. So there is a small transmit but not powerfull enough.

I was looking for the correct antennas and I bumped into this HP youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhsrytgm-js

I have checked my desktop and they are not in there, nor wholes on the side to screw antennas on.

Can I still order or buy these internal/external antennas or case?

Somebody has a picture of how it looks like?

Are there actual antennas on the side you can screw on?

Any product number or something?

Can I buy them through HP website here? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.