Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 110-023w Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My internet connection keeps going from "Connected" to "Not Connected" every couple seconds. My internet is connected by an ethernet cord, it is not wireless. I've tried taking it to a repair shop but, when they connected their cord to it, it worked just fine. I also tried hooking up several different ethernet cords, none of them worked. I've also connected to different ports in the router, that work with other devices, and that did not work either. Also, when I go into Settings, then Show Available Networks, my network does not show in there. I'm hoping that this computer is not trash, it's hardly been used since 2013, LOL. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got it working. I was suggested to go to Device Manager and disable the Energy Efficient Ethernet option.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I got it working. I was suggested to go to Device Manager and disable the Energy Efficient Ethernet option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.