groundmike
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Internet keeps dropping

HP Recommended
Pavillion Desktop 550-a114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My internet keeps dropping, this keeps occuring either on wifi, eithernet, or both. Hooked up my old computer, with windows 10 (32 bit version) and it does not have same problem. None of my other devices are dropping conection either. Happens using both Chrome or Edge. I have windows 10 64 bit system. Pavilion 550-a114. Had hard drive replaced, but was having similar problems before. They flased my old drive so I am assuming it flashed whatever setting that is causing issue. Did speed test and it came out as 92 mbs. Should e no issue when hooked up on eithernet cable or wifi.

3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,584 24,236 2,826 10,341
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@groundmike, welcome back to the forum.

I suggest that you update the driver for your Network adapter.  The best way to do this is go into "Device Manager"/Network adapters/right click on your adapter/select Update driver/Search automatically for updated driver software.  If there is an updated driver it will be found and installed.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
groundmike
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

rry that did not fix problem. Someone told me there is a patch that may help me but sofar I have not been able to locate it.

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,584 24,236 2,826 10,341
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @groundmike.

If there is a patch for the wifi adapter it would be on the manufacturer's website.  Normally, however, the problem is caused by an out-dated driver.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation