2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ipad/ios 11.03 can't print to hp3636 after update to 11.03

HP Recommended
hp 3636 printer
iOS

My Ipad recently automaticly updated to ios version 11.03

Since then it is not possible to print on my hp 3636 printer via airprint.

The hp 3636 and Ipad are both connected to the same wi-fi network

I have tried

1) to reboot both the printer and the ipad

2) disconnected both from the wi-fi network and reconnected them.

When I try to print from my native ipad email app it ends with this error message:

Printing to "HP DeskJet 3630 series [B2B1F1]"        Contacting Printer ...

Cancel

and nothing more happens.

I shall be very gratefull if someone can solve the problem.

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,530
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cosy-corner

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3636 All-in-One Printer and it does not print via your iPad. I read that this started after updating to iOS 11.03. 

In case you have a Windows based computer, then please download and run the firmware update for your printer. You may restart the printer once the firmware update is complete. 

You may try to setup the printer as AirPrint instead of Secure AirPrint: http://hp.care/2rSrQDo

Secondly, you may try to install and use the HP Smart app on your iPad. This app does not use Airprint.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation