cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marlisshc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Just signed up for new internet server. Now my HP 2540 (2 years old) will not work wirelessly!

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

All worked just fine until last week when I changed internet providers.  Now I can not connect to wireless printing nor print both sides of the paper.  The drive I downloaded is a generic 2540 series.  VERY FRUSTRATED.  I have the original driver, but it will not load because the newer one is loaded.  I'm afraid to delete it and start over because at least now I can print using the USB and print only one side then put the paper in and print page 2.  Eariler I couldn't print at all for days.  Did I mention how totally frustrated I've been.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,925 30,832 2,818 6,794
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Marlisshc

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

When I changed Internet providers, not only did my IP address change, but the default SSID of mu WiFi router changed, along with the password.

Yours is likely the same situation, and since your printer was set up to use your OLD SSID and password, it's not working with the new one.

You will need to contact your new Internet provider to see about your new SSID and passphrase settings.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation