Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet M252dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello.  I did the firmware and driver download, not sure if I did it right or not.  I tried to print wireless, but the printer and MacBook Pro aren't communicating.  Wireless Test Report and Network Summary shows two different SSID's could that be reason???  If so, how do I change them to match and which one do I choose???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lemonade13

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need help with connecting your printer to your Macbook via wireless internet,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you install the full feature software from the disc sent to the printer or the HP Website?

While you respond to that, I recommend downloading it from the website: Click here to find and install,

That said, here are a few steps to setup the wireless internet:

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, get the network name and password, and then make sure that the router, printer, and computer are turned on.

1. Gather the following items:

• Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).

• Network password: The password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.

• A computer connected to your wireless network

• Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.

2. Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.

3. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.

Step 2: Connect the printer to the network

Use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer to connect it to your wireless network.

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Connection Information icon (the icon might appear as Wired () or Wireless () depending on your current setup), and then touch Wireless Menu.

2. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer searches for available wireless networks.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Lemonade13

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need help with connecting your printer to your Macbook via wireless internet,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you install the full feature software from the disc sent to the printer or the HP Website?

While you respond to that, I recommend downloading it from the website: Click here to find and install,

That said, here are a few steps to setup the wireless internet:

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, get the network name and password, and then make sure that the router, printer, and computer are turned on.

1. Gather the following items:

• Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).

• Network password: The password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.

• A computer connected to your wireless network

• Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.

2. Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.

3. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.

Step 2: Connect the printer to the network

Use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer to connect it to your wireless network.

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Connection Information icon (the icon might appear as Wired () or Wireless () depending on your current setup), and then touch Wireless Menu.

2. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer searches for available wireless networks.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you so much for your guidance.  I followed all the steps and downloaded the driver and it downloaded as HP Easy Start.app instead of .dmg  and there doesn't appear to be a way to correct the extension.  Could I have overlook a step???

HP Recommended

@Lemonade13

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If you have difficulties installing the HP Easy Start, you should know that it is a guided driver installation and printer setup option for Mac on the HP Software and Downloads page. Depending on your printer, a full feature driver download that includes a guided installation might also be available as an option.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the computer.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the downloads page.

5. Click Download next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature driver, depending on the option that displays.

6. Open the Downloads folder, then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to begin the installation.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS (Step 7 onwards)

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on the Purple Thumbs up, to say thanks}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,  Thanks again for your giudance.  Unfortunately, I still have no succes so I've decided to return the printer.

HP Recommended

@Lemonade13

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

No worries, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve,

Try the below steps to fix the issue:

Install the best available HP print driver and software on your Mac using Apple Software Update. Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network.

NOTE:

Since October 2016, HP printer software packages are no longer delivered through Apple Software Update. Visit 123.hp.com to download the latest HP software for your printer. Alternatively, if your printer supports Apple AirPrint, you do not need a driver to print from your Mac or iOS device. For more information, go to About AirPrint (in English).

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the kudos buttons,

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.