JSmith76
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Latency Spikes

HP Recommended
HPE130f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been experiencing latency issues since I moved my pc into another room and am no longer hard wired. The wifi hardware is the Qualcomm Atheros 802.11 a/b/g/n dualband wireless network module. When I am hard wired with an ethernet cable, I have no issues. I have attempted to update the driver and Windows says I have the latest driver. The manufacturers site says that they leave support to the OEM distributors. HP only makes the original driver available. My latency to a game server spikes from 9ms to over 200 and the display freezes for a second or two then resumes at 9ms. The game support agent ran a traceroute and deemed the issue on my end. I reformatted and reinstalled OS and drivers. Updated to current and still have the issue. I am not an average user. I have several degrees and certifications in IT, so don't bother with basic troubleshooting solutions.

2 REPLIES 2
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JSmith76

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand there are latency issues on your device,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Considering you've already reinstall the OS and drivers, no doubt you are worthy of those degrees and certifications in IT 😉 that said, I was curious to know, which OS has been installed, was it an OEM (factory shipped OS) or was it the retail copy of windows?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

(Let's skip to the chase and run a hardware test to identify any hardware issues with the device)

If the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows app is not available on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.

1. In Windows, search for and open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows app.

2. On the main menu, click System Tests.

3. Click the System Extensive Test tab.

4. Click Run once.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

5. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: https://hp.care/2uoegKc

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,732 6,716 634 1,514
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I had a similar problem.

The solution which worked for me was to purchase an AC powerline network adapter.

Tom

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation