Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP laser jet p1102w
macOS 10.12 Sierra

This s/b a simple task, after exhausting several hrs researching,  to hook up my wireless network it comes down to logging in to a pop up panel to login to "

localhost5050"

using a name

&  password

ive run out of my pswds  ,oboviously  ,  w/o success.  & patience? 

Note the USB feature works, the wireless task used to work, 

--------------

pls  help resolve this.

thx

qa08092017

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Redifining my printer issue, hope this helps, 

The wireless hp printer model p1102w needs to get hooked to my  wireless network,

need help entering login info, as where ,how to obtain it?

When I'm in the mac printer/scanner panel & 

in utility set up HTML config, my next step is to tab into networking,the next panel shows up " login to localhost5050" with 

user name

password

since not knowing this ,I'm at a dead end!

I have no idea  .

ive consulted my  isp , they'll fix for a fee, ??

this whole prob started aft changing  router kw. Also, Never b4 had this "localhost panel " show up,

Can't believe noone else is confronted .

sign,ed  "A Not giving up camper "

Thx

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings QA8092017 ,

From what you have mentioned , it sounds like you are attempting to connect either to your router or your routers admin page.

If you are attempting to connect to the router you should simply have to enter a WPA/2 passcode which can be found on the bottom of your router.

If you are trying to access the admin page to manage your router the username and password can also be found on the bottom of the router , note if this has been changed you will need to use the "reset" pinhole  while the device is on to reset factory settings.

If you are still unable to access this , then your best bet is to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

Look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,

Shineyhawkz

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
HP Recommended

Redifining my printer issue, hope this helps, 

The wireless hp printer model p1102w needs to get hooked to my  wireless network,

need help entering login info, as where ,how to obtain it?

When I'm in the mac printer/scanner panel & 

in utility set up HTML config, my next step is to tab into networking,the next panel shows up " login to localhost5050" with 

user name

password

since not knowing this ,I'm at a dead end!

I have no idea  .

ive consulted my  isp , they'll fix for a fee, ??

this whole prob started aft changing  router kw. Also, Never b4 had this "localhost panel " show up,

Can't believe noone else is confronted .

sign,ed  "A Not giving up camper "

Thx

HP Recommended

Issue resolved, thx to all ,thx to this h. p.forum,  , reps , & utube.

Try. This,

the h.p. printer panel has two buttons , an X , & a wi fi ,  holding down these two simotaneously @ 15/ 20 seconds will reset the printers software,thereby clearing /resetting. the "localhost signin issue" ?? Was then finally able to edit my wi  network w/o the pswd issue, Hope this helps, & makes some sense.If still not resolved ,refer to the 1st sentence  above.

Thx,

signed, 

progress thru preservance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.