Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion 590-p0024. On start up I have an internet connection for an hour to several hours and then it disconnects. I am connecting using LAN and wireless is disabled. It will not reconnect but if it does it shows connected with speed of 1 gps. I have tried disabling ethernet and enabling wireless when this happens and wireless connects but doesn't work either.  All other devices in my home that are hardwired or on WIFI work fine. The only way I have found to get the ethernet to work is to shut down the computer, unplug the power and ethernet cable, and restart. I've tries this only twice but it seems to have worked both times. Any suggestions on a fix so my ethernet just works like it should? And when it does work it works great.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Djk971 --  if it does it shows connected with speed of 1 Gbps

That is the speed between your computer's network-adapter and one of the network-adapters inside your cable-modem. It is not the speed between the cable-modem and any web-site.

Can you try connecting the Ethernet cable into a different "LAN" socket on the cable-modem?

Can you try a different Ethernet cable between your computer and your cable-modem?

Can you try a different network-adapter, either an add-in card inside your computer, or a WiFi stick that connects to a USB port on your computer, to bypass the computer's default network adapter?

HP Recommended

I recently changed my WAP in my house so there is a new switch and everything was unplugged and plugged back in to new ports. This issue was happening before I changed the WAP and still continues after. I am ordering another network adapter to try that. When it happens, if I just restart my computer it doesn't fix it and I still don't get connection to any web browser or web page but when I unplug power to the computer and restart, it works just fine. Thank you for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.