JStuk
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Mac or iPhone Cant find Printer

HP Recommended
HP8710
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My iPhones and Mac do not recognize printer.  Was printing fine, and now printer not found. Rebooted modem, and rebooted printer.  Printer is connected to 2G WiFi as before.  Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,736 25,616 1,414 1,485
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JStuk

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case relating to the printer connectivity issue. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any changes to the printer?

Disable IPv6 on the printer.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Settings icon , and then touch Advanced Settings.

Figure : Advanced Settings menu

• If IPv6 is set to Off, the printer is already using IPv4. Skip to the next step.

• If IPv6 is set to On, touch to turn it off, and then touch Yes to confirm.

3. Try printing from AirPrint.

Turn off Internet Printing Protocol over HTPPS (IPPS)

1. Print a Network Configuration Page, and then locate the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server.

Figure : Example of the EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page

EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page
  2. From a computer connected to your network, type the entire URL into an Internet browser, and then press Enter. If the webpage remains blank, try a different Internet browser.

Figure : Example IP address in the browser

Example IP address for the printer typed in the browser

The EWS displays.

3. Click Network, and then click Internet Printing Protocol.

The Internet Printing Protocol screen displays.

4. Clear the Internet Printing Protocol over HTPPS (IPPS) box, and then click Save.

Figure : Internet Printing Protocol screen

Internet Printing Protocol screen
  5. Try printing from AirPrint.

Add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: https://hp.care/2HlZbM0

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation