Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion pc2 pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have updated ethernet controller but still we are not able to connect WiFi from mobile hotspot but usb tethering is working

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Sneh2,

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

If you have issues connecting to the mobile hotspot, try the steps recommended below.

Please try few steps mentioned below.

1. Go to control panel.

2. Go to network and the internet.

3. Go to network connections.

4. In related settings, go to "Change adapter options"

5. Right click on "wireless network connection" and go to properties.

6. Click "Configure and then Advance

7. In properties, "802.11n Preamble", selected, select value "mixed mode" And click ok and click done

If the above-mentioned steps do not work try the steps below.

1-go to settings.

2-click wifi and the internet.

3-click manage wifi settings

4-click the network or the hotspot you used to connect to the internet using windows 7 or 8.

5-click forget to remove it from the wifi list.

6-click to scan wifi.

7-select the same hotspot.

8-enter hotspot security key

Change encryption type from TKIP to AES (Right-click on the network connection to mobile hotspot>Properties>Security tab. The Security type is set to WPA2-Personal.

Lastly, uninstall the wireless drivers from the device manager and update the latest drivers using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Note: Before uninstalling the wireless drivers connect the PC using an ethernet connection.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But after change adapted settings only local area connection is showing in my pc  what should I do?

Product no - H1M81AA#ACJ

HP Recommended

Hi! @Sneh2,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Did you try the steps recommended from my previous post?

Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Windows 10 PC comes with the troubleshooters for all your issues, do check with it first and classify what exactly is the error.

Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.