cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
cwilson1962
Level 2
6 3 2 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Model 20-b010 no wireless after upgrade to windows 10

HP Recommended
hp 20-B010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading from 8.1 to windows 10 my HP 20-b010 does not have a wireless driver installed. I have gone windows update hoping to solve the problem.  The wireless card is a Ralink RT5390. I found a driver on this forum it was MediaTek (Ralink) Wireless Lan  Adapter Driver file version 4.0.100.1189   sp71571 but that one does not install.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
142,390 65,954 22,293 34,272
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a very common issue with that model wifi card and W10.

Unfortunately, there is no fix.

The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB wifi adapter.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation