Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ELITEDESK 800 G2 MINI PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have an ELITEDESK 800 G2 MINI PC, and I want to insert a WLAN card. It must be inserted in a M.2 Module. But I don´t know the compatible models. Please, can anyone inform about them?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

are you attempting to use wlan with 3/4/5G service ?

What is the goal here, name it, and your service supplier.

wlan the w means wide AREA as in NOT short ranged wifi.

no LWAN card told ,you said I want to insert card this implies , in your hand now , if yes, tell maker and model card and the service provider, mine in USA would be T-Mobile. (OR CALL THEM  IF all ready pulled in)

compatible models of what" (5G cards>)?

what is end goal, and in what country,  cards are by country and all countries laws, USA that is FCC laws. (complex)

5G or? what?

page 30 in your hw ref, guide show how to do all that including finding the antenna an connecting it.

Internal WLAN antennae are standard on all HP G2 Desktop Mini models. If the computer is to be installed in a metal kiosk or other enclosure, you may wish or need to use an external WLAN antenna.

that is the best I can do not knowing what GOAL YOU HAVE, sure internet working but what CLASS Of service do you want. not told. yet.

1. ISP SAT
  2. ISP 5G (WLAN)
  3. ISP FIOS (fiber)
  4. ISP cable, (cable modem TV legacy now re-purposed, for me)
  5. ISP DSL (ADSL) POTs phone cable modem (curb)
  6. ISP dial up (nah but is on the list)

or I have that now, and only what wifi in my home working to this PC,  another goal is this.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

HI, Savvy2.

Firstly, thank you for your answer.

I have a high speed fiber-optic ISP, and I use a wifi connection from the router (sometimes trough RJ-45 port if I am working near the router). My miniPC has not a WLAN card installed, and simply I want to install one of them. I have found a dual card (WLAN and Bluetooth) in Amazon: Intel dual band wireless-Ac8260 (8260 Nqw) 802.11&Nbsp;A/B/G/N/Ac, Bluetooth 4. In page 7 in ref guide that model seems to be an accepted one for the miniPC.

And also I want to install Crucial CT500P1SSD8 (500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD) to complete the unit (once more, the ref guide page 8 says that it is compatible (512-GB Solid-state Drive (SSD), M.2, 2280SS, PCIe).

Thank you for helping me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.