Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I recently bought Xpac stormBlood FFXIV and now I can not adjust the sensitivity of my mouse/cursor in game. i have tried 3 different mice and still no luck but I have no issues plays other games just FFXIV. Any thoughts as what is going on? I have uninstalled and re-installed the game and I tried to adjust thru setting with no luck, and the ingame sensitivity adjustment is useless. I never had this issue with FFXIV until the recent Xpac.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RobinJJ

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the mouse is too sensitive.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you try changing the mouse sensitivity within the game?

Considering you've already checked with 3 different mouse, it definitely isn't a hardware issue,

most likely your game requires fine tuning according to your personal preferences.

I recommend you check if the issue occurs with other games and if it doesn't, Contact the game manufacturer for assistance on changing these settings.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I have tried yesterday for over 2hrs with a HP Tech we tried everything in game to adjust the mouse but Square Enquix just doesn't have a way to adjust the sensitvity of the mouse. I have no issues when I play WoW, Rift, tera just the new expac of FFXIV. Anyway the Hp Tech was at the same place I was, annoyed with the game..lol

HP Recommended

@RobinJJ

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Being a gamer myself, I know exactly what you mean when a game you want to play has issues,

I recommend you Contact the game manufacturer and check what they have to say about this and get yourself a patch if needed

(They would have created a patch if this is a known issue, check their forum/gaming community too)

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.