padillac
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP Envy desktop 750-524 will not connect to my Envy 7640 printer

HP Recommended
HP Envy desktop 750-524
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When installing the HP 7640 printer to my new HP Envy desktop 750-524, it will not install the printer.  After choosing the wireless setting I keep receiving the error messages

'Unsuccessful network installation'

'The device was unable to be installed over the network'

We tried the USB connection as well which is not working 

I have tried the HP Print and Scan doctor 5.0 which shows that the printer is not installed. When choosing 'install software' I get a 'download failed' error message. 

I have installed this printer to my laptops very successfully as well as to my Iphone so I don't understand why it wouldn't install successfully to an HP product. HELP!

1 REPLY 1
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,810 5,049
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your issue sound familiar to recent issues that a friend of my had with a new HP printer.  The first problem was that the printer wouldn't connect via a wireless connection.  The second problem was with trying to connect via USB which was meet with an immediate error when the drivers tried to connect to the printer. The brand new hours old printer was returned immediately and another new printer was obtained.  This time the printer connected via USB.  The wireless issue was determined to be that the printer is a 2.4 Ghz only and the router was setup only for 5 Ghz.

Bottom line.

The printer was DOA via USB.

The printer requires the wireless access point (router) to operate at 2.4 Ghz.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation