Sheila13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My new HP won't recognize my old Del monitor

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p020 desktop

Hello,

My new PC is all hooked up but I get a blank/black screen on my old Dell monitor. I can see the mouse and the external speaker works. That's about it.

Can you help me?  I've been using this monitor with my old Dell computer with no problems.

Thank you,

Sheila

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,531
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sheila13

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p020 PC. I read that you have connected an external Dell monitor and there is no display You can see the mouse and the external speakers work. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• If the mouse pointer is visible then it indicates that the monitor is actually displaying. It could be a no boot issue. Could you please confirm on this?
  • You may have to check the display resolution supported by the monitor.
  • Is it connected to the VGA or the HDMI port of the PC? 

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Do you have another monitor to connect to the PC (either VGA or HDMI) and check if it displays Windows? Or likewise, test this monitor on another PC (if available).
  • Please shutdown the PC.
  • Disconnect all the cables (including the power cable) from the PC.
  • Press and hold the PC's power button for 10 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect the keyboard, mouse, monitor and the power cable and power on the PC.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document

I hope this information helps. Please keep me posted. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation