Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pro Desktop Mini 600 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Enterprise Network here, using System Center to deploy images - System arrives with a Pre-Staged Windows 10 image which loads and then connects with our Distribution point and proceeds to image. In this case it says "Failed to find valid network adapter"

Usually the driver packs from HP work fine, however in this case we are not able to get an IP address from our PXE server, which has the drivers provided by HP. 3 different ones to be exact. SO, How can I identify the EXACT NIC on this unit to make sure we have the correct driver? I can get the Build ID, FeatureByte code, etc. but will that lead me to the correct info? I even searched the number printed on the NIC adapter itself, but that only led me to a Chinese website. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I just thought about this, but what are the chances of the NIC getting power, showing activity lights, but not working correctly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That PC has the Intel® I219LM Gigabit Network Adapter.

As to your other question, it is possible but if you have more than one 600 G3 not getting the driver, then I doubt that is the case.                                                  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

That PC has the Intel® I219LM Gigabit Network Adapter.

As to your other question, it is possible but if you have more than one 600 G3 not getting the driver, then I doubt that is the case.                                                  

HP Recommended
Thank you, I was able to use an SCCM Boot USB and a USB to Ethernet adapter to get it imaged, then after looking at what was included in the driver pack, we saw that it was the I217 rather than the I219 it needed.

This is the first one we have received, so hopefully adding that driver tomorrow will resolve this.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.