Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550se Desktop (Product # P2N40AV#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey all.  I need some help upgrading my wireless adapter card.  The current card in my PC is an "HP Wireless 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 NIC (Sanji)".  I want to upgrade to an 802.11ac (or a/b/n/g/ac) dual band wi-fi adapter with Bluetooth combo.   My PC has Intel 6th Gen i7-6700 quad core processor.  Router is a dual-band 802.11ac ASUS RT-N68U.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I called HP support, but my PC is out of warranty and the guy said he couldn't give me any information... 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

How many antenna cables are connected to the wifi card in there now?

There is probably only one.

All but one dual band AC cards that I know of, require two antennas be present and connected to the wifi card.

If there is only one, then you can use this 1 x 1 AC card which has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS when connected with an excellent signal on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

The card has been on back order at HP for ages now, but you can get one on eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)    HP Part # L17365-005

If by chance your PC does have two antenna cables present, let me know, and I will give you a better alternative.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.