ginny1209
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Network Cards

HP Recommended
Pavilion 510 a010a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can network cards be added to improve signal reception?

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,416 90,293 11,606 24,899
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ginny1209

Your machine already has a wireless care as shown on its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05212316

You may only need a better antenna such as

http://search.pccasegear.com/computer/Wifi-Antenna

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ginny1209
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt answer. Where would I put this extra antenna? Does it fit somewhere inside the computer box or on the outside somewhere? If I have to open the box, will that void the warranty?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,416 90,293 11,606 24,899
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. Where: Please select one and check its installation guide. Most likely the antenna itself is out side but there is a cable to connect to the card inside.
  2. Warranty: This is a grey area because we can't define where the warranty stops. All I can say, please be careful when touching to computer parts inside a computer even power off. I always use Anti static wrist strap to work with computers.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation