Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pav 595-p0074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I network my Windows 10 Pro desktop to my  Windows 10 Laptop  and to my Windows 10 Pro Laptop.  (Both laptops are HP.)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LongHairedSfFan 

As long as they are on a SAME network, one can see other(s) under Network. For example

net machines.png

As you can see, one of my machines can see all others, they are ON now. When you want to access (first time). You need to allow from other machine(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I can see the other computer on the network.  The other computer (laptop) can see the desktop.  Neither machine will accept the username and ;password. 

HP Recommended

Each computer can see the other computers but they can't connect.  How do I allow connection?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.