Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DesktopMO1F0024

Hello, I just bought a new HP Desktop and am trying to connect it to my wireless Brother printer. The PC sees the printer but won't connect. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Cat335

I have gone through your Post and I suggest you contact the Printer Manufacturer because this is likely to be a printer driver issue

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Krazy Toad,

Sorry, but the printer is working fine on my old computer so the issue is with the new HP desktop. Has anyone else had this issue?

HP Recommended

@Cat335

Exactly. Since it is a new Desktop which doesn't have the Printer installed yet and that's why it is a driver related issue. The printer is not able to communicate with the New Desktop since it has not been setup properly due to the printer software or driver missing on the new Desktop

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you able to explain that in layperson's language so that I can fix the issue?

HP Recommended

@Cat335

Simple fact is, if the desktop is working then there is nothing wrong with it. If you are unable to install your old printer on a new computer, then it is not an issue with the computer. It is an issue with the printer drivers which are not installed properly on the new computer

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.