Did you mean: 
Bedbug
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New router can not connect printer to Wi Fi

HP Recommended
Deskjet 3720

I have a new router and am unable to connect it to my Wi Fi which is working fine, printer tells me its off line but have no idea how to get it back on line HELP

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,529
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bedbug

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet 3720 All-in-One Printer and it does not connect to the wifi network. The printer appears to be offline. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Are you using Mac OS or Windows? Also, please mention the operating system version.
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists then please perform the steps mentioned in the below links depending on the operating system you're using:

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation