TanoCalvo
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

New update removed my Wifi.

HP Recommended
Pavilion 20
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After a windows 10 update wireless connection is not available.  I can access internet with an ethernet cable but I am not getting the option to connect via wireless internet.  If I try to access network and internet setting wireless is not an option.  If I look at device drivers and network adapter WLAN is not there, just WAN.  

I tried using the HP Recovery Manager Followed the video exactly and the Reinstalling Drivers and Apllications has been disabled.

HP support assistant doesn't find that it needs the missing drivers when I run it. (null)  I tried to redownload the program through HP Software and Drivers. Kept saying, (Didn't meet mimium requirements). 

I Need Help please someone help me. Everything was fine untill that dreadfull Update. 

Please and Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TanoCalvo,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Pavilion 20 Notebook PC wherein there is no wireless connection.

This issue could occur if the network drivers are not updated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers from device manager:

1. Click Start, and enter Device Manager into the Search field. Click Device Manager.

2. Double-click the Network adapters category.

3. Right-click the name of the Network Adapter and select Uninstall.

4. On the "Confirm Device Uninstall" window, click OK.

5. When the network adapter software has been uninstalled, restart the computer. The computer will reinstall the device driver software.

6. After the computer restarts and completes the installation of the device driver software, try connecting to the Internet.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you run the HP Support Assistant by following the link: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

You may also check the link: Wi-Fi Not Working on HP Computer

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
TanoCalvo
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Rainbow23, for that information. but is seamed not to work.  I will try the other forum thank you.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TanoCalvo

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I understand the steps suggested haven't worked,

Before you try another forum, I recommend you give this another shot:

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:
Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Forget a Network (Windows 10)
Forget Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right-click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press Enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the Winsock catalog:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right-click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press Enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

Test an ethernet connection:
Self-explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.

Test another connection:
Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
TanoCalvo
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there thank you most of the info  you gave me i seem not have. also the my computer is a windows 8.1 i checked it again sorry for that trouble.

0 Kudos
TanoCalvo
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did both step you suggested and it still say cannot meet minimum requirements 9996. 

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TanoCalvo,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you get an error message "cannot meet minimum requirements 9996".

This error message occurs if the update is not required to be installed.

You may check the link: http://bit.ly/2vZb88c

If  the issue still persists, then you may perform windows refresh from the link: http://bit.ly/2vZftsp

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
TanoCalvo
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i Bought it didn't come with an hp keyboard i have a wireless mircosoft one. so the hold problems is my keyboard?!?!?!?!? Ain't that a B@#$%. 🙂 Will thank you i will go try to find one and i will test it out again. Thank you see you soon. 

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TanoCalvo,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you will try with a different keyboard and check.

Let me know how the unit works after replacing the keyboard.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation