Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0020na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this computer in November in January it stopped finding the WiFi network in the house. it has now been returned to HP for repair three time s each time it is returned saying no fault found,  I have asked suppport how to search for a network when no network is found and all they do is send me through the same process again. I have taken the desktop to neighbours and if doesn’t not find either of their two networks either.  Can anyone suggest what I can do.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@KJ28

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Are you able to see the network name on your computer?
  • Are you getting any error code or message?
  • Have you tried with a wired ethernet cable connection?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you, no is not seeing any WiFi networks available.

i am not receiving any error messages.

yes it does find networks with Ethernet (I tried that at the neighbours) but I do not have that facility available.

thank you for your help

karen

HP Recommended

@KJ28
Let's disable and enable the wireless connection:

1. Open Network and Sharing Center.
  2. Click Change adapter settings.
  3. Locate your wireless connection, right-click it and choose Disable.
  4. Right-click the same connection again and choose Enable. Restart your computer and check again!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you it is still showing 

No WIFI networks found

i

HP Recommended

@KJ28
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you you for your response but they are unable to remote control because I cannot connect to internet. They have had it back 3 times nd cannot tell me how to search for a network.  After you asked me to disable wireless  adapter and re enable I I had a look and would like to ask if Realtek RTL8821 CE 802.11 ac PCle adapter is the same as the 

Adaptor that the specifications show as Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.2 M.2 

HP Recommended

@KJ28
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists. 

I would suggest performing system factory reset will fix the issue and also this will isolate whether its software or hardware related issue.

Click here to  Perform a System Recovery.

Note: Before you start the system recovery, ​​​​​​back up all personal files and read all caution statements 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Echo for all your help.

iIm afraid that the system reset did no good.

ive now arranged for the machine to go for repair at service centre.

kind regarss

KJ

HP Recommended

Thank you Echo for all your help.

iIm afraid that the system reset did no good.

ive now arranged for the machine to go for repair at service centre.

kind regarss

KJ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.