Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amberpaxton406
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

No option for wifi connection?

HP Recommended
HP P2 1334 desktop bought off Facebook marketplace. Last owner never reset anything so I have to have her password to get into it. Of course, she won't answer her phone to us. Is there a way to troubleshoot around it?
4 REPLIES 4
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,626 24,278 2,834 10,363
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@amberpaxton406, welcome to the forum.

It is HP's policy not to help with Password problems.  There is no way for us to determine if the member is the actual owner of the computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,248 119,425 19,505 29,809
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @amberpaxton406

The only way to be able to use the computer you purchased (other than the original owner giving you their password), would be to order recovery media from HP at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-p2-1300-Desktop-PC-series/5295976/model/5296932/softwarei...

You boot from the recovery media, and it will reinstall the operating system and original software to its 'out of the box' condition.

Then you can set up the PC for your own use.

amberpaxton406
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My 14 year old figured out how to restore it, but we can't get wireless on it? I guess I figured most to all desktops and internet compatible electronics are wifi capable. What do I need to buy now to get wireless on my desktop. We have put so much money in this thing already, we should have just bought a new desktop...TIA
0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,248 119,425 19,505 29,809
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are correct.

The product specs page indicates ethernet (wired network) connectivity only.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-p2-1300-desktop-pc-series/5295976/model/5296932/document/c03...

The easiest thing to do to add wireless networking capability to your PC would be to purchase an external USB wireless network adapter.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation