Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am clueless, i turned it off normally yesterday, and today not only the wifi conection completely dissapeared, the airplane mode is on and greyed out, i cant change it, huge chunks of configuration option arent there, i cant change my pass for example, and i am admin! My audio drivers are apparently gone too, as it tell me no speakers are connected.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dominicJ Greetings from the HP Community!

Here are a few solutions that should help resolve your concern:

Solution 1: Change Network Adapter Properties

1. search for Device Manager in Start Menu or Cortana and open it.

2. Make your way to the Network Adapter section and expand it by double-clicking on it.
3. Figure out your wireless modem from the available list and right click on it to navigate to its Properties.
4. This launches the Properties dialog box of your adapter. Hit on the Power Management tab.  Clear off the option that saysAllow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
5. To apply the changes, press Ok button. This will Fix Airplane mode not turning off issue in Windows 10 and resume its slider to be turned off.

Solution 2: Physical Wireless Switch

1. The prime task for you is to find out whether any physical switch for the wireless is present or not.

2. If you contain the physical switch and if it is toggled Off, you will never be successful to come out of the Airplane Mode. Turn it to On mode.

Solution 3: Disable and Enable Network Connection

1. Go to Setting and click on Network & Internet category.
2. By default, you will be taken to the WiFi segment of settings on the left.  Take your attention to the right pane of WiFisettings and you can witness a linkChange adapter options. Execute a Press (tap) it.
3. A window pops up demonstrating your wireless connections.  Make a Right-click on the wireless connection and go with the Disable option.
4. This procedure disables your wireless connection. Furthermore, right click on the same connection and strike Enable.

You will notice you are able to Fix Airplane Mode Issues in Windows 10. it is active and functioning perfectly without becoming disconnected itself.

Solution 4: Update Driver Software of your Network Adapter

1. Bring the Device Manager window on your screen. (See Solution 1 Method).

2. Look for Network Adapter option and expand it to see its entire list.

3. Right click on your wireless adapter and click Update driver software option.
4. Variant window emerges which asks you to choose the way to update the driver software.  
Click (hit) Search automatically for updated driver software option.
5. An online search will start for the driver to be updated.
6.  You will get a confirmation message which says Windows has successfully updated your driver softwareClose the window.

This fixes “airplane mode not turning off problem” with your Windows 10. I hope it helps.

All the above ways are too easy to perform. Give them a shot one by one and we are sure it will Fix Airplane Mode Issues in Windows

NOTE: If solution 1 doesn't do the trick, try solution 2 and so on,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.