Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 870-015nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit) Home Version 1909

Recent hardware or software changes made to the system: replaced GPU, SSD, and Power supply. Reinstalled Windows

Issue: Wireless connectivity greatly reduced (to the point it's useless)

Hello Everyone, here is the situation,

I've recently upgraded and reformatted my computer OMEN 870-015nf. Since then, my Intel(R) Dual Wireless AC-3165 has been acting up. I'm not able to discover/connect to my Wifi unless I'm less than 1 meter away and I've been unable to connect to any Bluetooth device (discovery shows no device in range)

Troubleshooting performed: 
- Restarted the PC

- Updated Windows to the latest revision
- Installed Intel and HP support assistants and installed all recommended driver updates
- Automatically searched for driver updates using Windows' Device manager (network adapters)

- Manually installed the latest drivers from HP support website
- Disabled the power saving option on the Intel(R) Dual Wireless AC-3165
- Disabled Firewall temporarily

- Disabled Bluetooth temporarily

I've basically exhausted all the troubleshooting options of the HP virtual assistant except for one: updating my BIOS
This is where I'm actually stuck. My current BIOS revision is A0.37 (mobo family SSID 2B4B) and I can see on the HP support that the latest revision available is A0.59: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-870-000-desktop-pc-series/11084748/model... but I've been unable to update. The wizard starts normally after download and I can select a place where to store the files but after that it closes without error nor effect.

I do not know if updating my BIOS would solve the problem but it's my last lead...

Thank you for your Help
ReynBloe

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@reynbloe I appreciate your attention to details, that said, here's the most important question we need an answer to, since you've reformatted the device:

How was the reset attempted, did you make use of the HP Recovery partition (F11) or did you use the HP recovery media? 

If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

Also, HP does not recommend or support hardware changes, however, you may do so at your own discretion, if you have any concerns about the same, please check with a local tech to be on a safer side.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Thank you for your answer and your warm welcome 😃

How was the reset attempted, did you make use of the HP Recovery partition (F11) or did you use the HP recovery media? 
I did not reset windows, but rather re-installed it from scratch. I changed the main SSD where my windows OS was previously stored. To install windows on my new SSD, I created a boot-able USB flash drive by installing and running "Windows 10 installation media"  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 from the Microsoft Store as recommended by Mycrosoft documentation. I did not use any of HP tools for this

If I understand correctly, you are suggesting to re-install windows 10 with a different image provided by HP, right? 

Cheers, 
ReynBloe

HP Recommended

@reynbloe You got that right, If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.