Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dc7700 sff
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I can't find win 7 32 bit driver for the PCI serial port  on my dc7700.

I have found old posts but the links no longer work.

I have found a dirver for the simple network controler but not sure it works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the serial port.  Manually install it if the auto install method doesn't work.

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34744.exe

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the serial port.  Manually install it if the auto install method doesn't work.

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34744.exe

HP Recommended

Well that fixed that problem, I think.

My ethernet still isn't working.

I installed a driver but I guess it was the wrong one.

Here is the hardware ID for the Simple Communications Controller.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02.

Any help is greatls appreiated.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the driver you need for the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994:

This package contains the Intel Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI)driver for access to Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the listed desktop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34743.exe

Please post the hardware ID for the ethernet controller, because some models have the Intel one and some have the Broadcom one, and from what I recall the Intel ethernet driver on the support page doesn't always work.

HP Recommended

Well that didn't work.

Now I don't have Network Adaptors listed at all in Device Manager.

It was there when I had my wirless usb plugged in.

Now when I run the troubleshooter I get a msg. about driver not found.

When I installed your driver I gat a msg about not right OS then I got the option to instal using reconmended settings.

It did that and I rebooted still not working.

HP Recommended

The PCI Simple Communications Controller is not the ethernet adapter.

It is the Intel Management Engine Interface device.

If the device is no longer listed as a PCI Simple Communications Controller, then the driver installed correctly, and you should be seeing an Intel Management Engine Interface device listed under the System Devices category in the device manager.

If you do not see a device labeled as an ethernet controller in the device manager, and you don't see either an Intel gigabit ethernet adapter or Broadcom gigabit ethernet adapter listed under the Network adapters device manager category, either the ethernet adapter is disabled in the BIOS or the ethernet chip on the motherboard is toast.

HP Recommended

OK.

Where do I enable the ethernet controller in the BIOS?

HP Recommended

I forgot to tell you that I reinstalled the DEFAULT SETTINGS for the BIOS.

I assume that would have enabled the ethernet controller.

HP Recommended

Yes, that should have reset any settings to disable the ethernet controller.

There could be a setting in the security menu...see page 8 at the link below.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01302182

I'm thinking the ethernet controller chip had died on you.

Like I wrote above...either listed under a Network Adapters device manager category if the driver is installed, and if no driver, would have been listed as an Ethernet Controller where those other 2 devices were listed before I gave you the drivers for them.

The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB to RJ-45 gigabit ethernet adapter.

HP Recommended

Well I found Network Service Boot --ENABLED under that heading.

Nothing about Network under the Security Stteings.

I guess that chip is toasted as you say.

Thanks so much for your help.

I really do appraiate it.

Thanks.

Don.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.