Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWAZISPIRIT
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PRINTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK RECENTLY HAD A NEW ROUTER AND PASSWORD

HP Recommended
H P Deskjet 2540 series
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I recently had a new router fitted with a new number password   would this have affected my printer's ability to connect to the wireless network . The blue light is flashing  Do I need to change the code on my printer   if so   how?

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,895 30,599 2,795 10,250
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SWAZISPIRIT

Yes, when the printer is connected to the same network as that of the router, changing the password / router will affect the printer wireless.

Printer Website Support Driver Page:

HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series

First, take a look at this solution:

HP Wireless Printer Center – Reconfigure / Replacing your wireless router

AND / OR

If you wish to do so (and it may be easier or even necessary), reinstall the Full Feature Software for the printer.  The installation process will help find and connect the printer to your new network.

• Download and Save a copy of the Full Feature Software   DJ2540_188.exe  (102.0 MB)

• Uninstall existing printer software from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features
  • Restart the computer and log in
  • Navigate to the Downloads folder > Double-click on the file to start the installation
  • Follow the instructions
  • When the installation is complete, Restart the computer and log in

Help from the printer Troubleshooting Section:

Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows)

HP Deskjet 2540, Ink Advantage 2545 Printers - Blinking Lights

Scroll down on the Driver's page to find helpful videos to assist with the setup / installation.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation