Did you mean: 
idkascreenname1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

PXE boot not working on brand new Prodesk G5

HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G5 SFF

So my business recently got these two Prodesk workstations in. I was tasked to PXE boot them to load our images onto the machines. However, PXE boot does not seem to be working. When I try to boot through networking IPv4 through the boot options, it tells me:

>>Start PXE over IPv4

Station IP address is x.x.x.x (I hid the IP addresses because we use globally rotatable IPv4 addresses on our network.)

Server IP address is y.y.y.y

NBP filename is boot\x86\wdsnbp.com

NBP filesize is 30832 Bytes

Downloading NBP file...

NBP file downloaded successfully.

All the lines under the >>Start PXE line show up within a brief moment before disappearing. The system then boots into FreeDOS where I receive a C:> prompt for DOS commands.

Anyone know how to fix this? it doesn't seem like a networking issues considering it can reach our designated server just fine. The BIOS image is Q08 Ver. 2.08.00 

Thanks

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation