Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion M9000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

So here's my problem. I have a Pavilion M9000 that's hardwired to a Centurylink modem  linked with fiber optics cable. This pc is running extremely slow. Lately have been averaging speeds in the 80 Gbps range which is close to the speeds of my wifi. Just tested a pcie network card in a different pc that's also hardwired and got 707 Gbps download speed. Unfortunately the troubled pc will not boot after installing the card but works fine after removal.

Thanks for any help resolving my issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Shogun4

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 
Let's try disabling Secure Boot and enabling the Legacy Boot in order to make changes. 
Follow these steps to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS.

1. Use one of the following methods to open the Computer Setup Utility.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F10 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Computer Setup Utility opens.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup menu opens. Then press F10.

Figure : Startup menu

Illustration: Startup menu

To navigate the menus, choose menu screens by pressing the left or right arrow keys. Use the up or down arrow keys to move through the list of items on the menu screen. Press the Enter key to select an item and open a submenu. Then use the left and right arrow keys to modify the settings. Press the F10 key to save the changes and exit from a submenu, or press the Esc key to exit from a submenu without saving the changes.

2. Use the right arrow key to choose the Security menu, use the down arrow key to select Secure Boot Configuration, then press Enter.

Figure : Security menu

Security menu
  3. Before you can use this menu, a warning appears. Press F10 to continue to the Secure Boot Configuration menu.

Figure : Secure boot warning

Secure boot warning

The Secure Boot Configuration menu opens.

Figure : Secure Boot Configuration menu

Secure Boot Configuration menu
  4. Use the down arrow key to select Secure Boot, then use the right arrow key to modify the setting to Disable.

5. Use the down arrow key to select Legacy Support, then use the right arrow key to modify the setting to Enable.

6. Press F10 to accept the changes.

7. Use the left arrow key to select the File menu, use the down arrow key to select Save Changes and Exit, then press Enter to select Yes.

8. The Computer Setup Utility closes and the computer restarts. As soon as the computer starts, a message appears indicating that the boot mode has changed.

Figure : Boot mode change message

Boot mode change message
  9. Type the four-digit code shown in the message, then press Enter to confirm the change.

NOTE: No text field displays for the code. This is expected behavior. When you type the numbers, the code is logged even without a text field.

The computer starts Windows.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.